MATIC is the native token of the Polygon Network and is a Layer-2 scaling solution designed to increase transaction throughput and lower transaction fees for Ethereum users and developers.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to delegate your MATIC tokens with Luganodes and start earning ~5% in a few simple steps.
Validator Name: Luganodes
Owner Address: 0xd961ef39c0d4f2b5369dd708876b4d7b423643e5
Signer Address: 0x9ead03f7136fc6b4bdb0780b00a1c14ae5a8b6d0
Blockexplorer Link: https://staking.polygon.technology/validators/18
- Unbonding period is a timeframe in which the funds are locked when you unstake
- The unbonding period on Polygon is 80 checkpoints. This is approximately ~3–4 days.
- Go to the wallet’s website to which you have the crypto to be staked.
Note: You must have MATIC and ETH on the Ethereum Mainnet in your wallet before you can start staking.
- Click “Connect to a Wallet” while you are on the MATIC staking dashboard and have funds in your wallet.
- To get started, just link your wallet to the MATIC dashboard.
- Look for the “Luganodes” validator as you go down the staking dashboard.
- Enter the desired stake in MATIC clicking “Delegate” on the dashboard’s far right side.
Note — Since we are using the Ethereum mainnet, keep in mind that you will also require some ETH for transaction fees.
- Prior to approving the transaction, you must pay a fee in ETH. Click “Continue” when you are ready to continue and pay the ETH fees.
- Following confirmation of the transaction, you will proceed through the staking interface.
- Once the initial transaction has been approved, click “Delegate” to continue navigating the staking interface. This will enable the staking process to end with a final ETH fee.
- Congratulations! You have successfully staked MATIC to the Luganodes validator on the Ethereum mainnet, after the blockchain confirms the transaction.
- On the dashboard, you’ll be able to see your active stake.
Step-by-Step Unstaking Guide:
- Note — Remember, you can choose to opt-out of your stake at any time, but you won’t be granted your promised reward if you choose to exit the stake before its maturity.
- Head over to https://staking.polygon.technology/ (Polygon Staking Dashboard) and click on My Account.
- You’ll see luganodes under your delegations, click on Unbound.
- Enter the amount of Matic tokens you want to unstake and click on Confirm Unbond
- Sign off the transaction by clicking on Confirm.
- Wait for the transaction to go through
- Wait for 80 checkpoints (~3 days) to claim your assets
- You can check your unbonding history by clicking on History
Luganodes is a world-class, Swiss-operated, non-custodial blockchain infrastructure provider that has rapidly gained recognition in the industry for offering institutional-grade services. It was born out of the Lugano Plan B Program, an initiative driven by Tether and the City of Lugano. Luganodes maintains an exceptional 99.9% uptime with round-the-clock monitoring by SRE experts. With support for 30+ PoS networks, it ranks among the top validators on Polygon, Polkadot, Sui, and Tron. Luganodes prioritizes security and compliance, holding the distinction of being one of the first staking providers to adhere to all SOC 2 Type II, GDPR, and ISO 27001 standards.